Have you run out of vegetarian recipes for your family? Are they already complaining for the same foods served on the table? Do you want to prepare a much healthier foods for your house mates? Whatever the case is, these 5 recipes are certainly what you are looking for. They are healthy, delicious, and easy to make! So, have your pen and paper ready to copy these recipes.
Image Source: bettycrocker
Recipe 1: Broccoli Cheese Soup
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
1 small onion (diced)
4 tablespoons unsalted butter (softened)
4 tablespoons all purpose flour
2 cup whole milk
1 cup half and half
1/4 cup chicken broth
2 heads broccoli (cut into florets)
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 1/2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
salt and pepper to taste
1. Melt butter in a pot.
2. Toss onion and stir for 2 minutes.
3. Pour flour and whisk to combine with butter and onion.
4. Add milk and half and half. Stir again to combine ingredients.
5. Sprinkle with nutmeg, salt, and pepper. Mix once.
6. Add broccoli florets and stir. Cover and let it simmer for 25 minutes.
7. Pour chicken broth and continue stirring. Add more broth if necessary.
8. Sprinkle with cheese and stir until it is melted.
Recipe 2: Olive-Tomato Sandwich
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
4 slices of whole-wheat sandwich bread
2 to 4 cherry tomatoes (sliced)
5 to 10 olives (sliced)
2 to tt4 slices cheddar cheese
1. Spread mayonnaise onto each slice of bread.
2. Place lettuce, tomatoes, olives, and cheese on one bread slice.
3. Top with another bread slice.
Image Source: simple-nourished-living
Recipe 3: Sautéed Collard Greens
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
2 garlic cloves (minced)
1 slice thick-cut bacon (diced)
1 bunch collard greens (stems removed, and sliced)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Sauté bacon over medium to low heat for 5 minutes or until brown.
2. Add garlic onto the pan and stir.
3. Add collard greens and salt. Stir and cook for 5 to 10 minutes.
Recipe 4: Heirloom Tomato Salad
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
2 cups cherry tomatoes (halved)
4 large heirloom tomatoes (sliced into 1/2-inch wedges)
1/2 cup black olives (pitted, sliced)
1 cup persian cucumbers (sliced)
1/4 cup mixed herbs (torn into pieces)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup dijon mustard
1/2 cup greek yogurt
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1. Toss cherry tomatoes and heirloom tomatoes in a large serving bowl
2. Add cucumbers, olives, and herbs.
3. Sprinkle with salt and mix to coat and combine all ingredients.
4. Mix mustard, yogurt, and lemon juice in a separate smaller bowl.
Image Source: urbanspoon
Recipe 5: Green Veggie Pizza
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
Servings: 2 to 4
4 pizza dough (see separate recipe below)
1/2 cup pesto
1 cup mozzarella cheese
1 cup broccoli (finely chopped)
1 cup frozen spinach (defrosted and water squeezed out)
1 cup1 small zucchini (thinly sliced)
1. Preheat oven to 450-degree Fahrenheit.
2. Spread pesto onto each dough.
3. Sprinkle with some mozzarella cheese.
4. Top with broccoli, spinach, and zucchini.
5. Add more cheese on top.
6. Bake on a baking sheet or pizza stone for 15 minutes.
To Make 9-inch Round Pizzas
1 package active dry yeast
1 1/3 cups lukewarm water
3 to 4 cups white whole-wheat flour
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon olive oil (plus extra for greasing bowl, and brushing on pizza crust)
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1. Mix yeast and water in a bowl. Keep it foamy for 5 minutes
2. Add honey and olive oil to the yeast mixture. Stir to combine ingredients.
3. In a separate but larger bowl, mix flour and salt. Stir to combine well.
4. Pour the yeast mixture into the flour mixture. Mix to combine all ingredients.
5. Knead the dough with your hands on a dry, clean surface for 10 minutes. Make ball dough.
6. Pour oil into another bowl and place dough in it. Cover with a dish towel for an hour to double the size.
7. Preheat the oven to 500-degree Fahrenheit.
8. Turn dough out and knead onto a lightly-floured surface.
9. Cut dough into 4 equal balls and flatten. Let flat dough rest for at least 5 minutes.
These 5 meals are not only easy and quick to prepare. They are also very delicious and healthy that every member of your family will love to eat them as many times as they want! There will be no more complaints of having the same meals week by week. Plus, these food recipes can be added with more vegetables or change ingredients but ensure still nutritional. For instance, you can add slices of fruits to your green pizza!