Eating breakfast has great benefits for each one of us. You may not see or feel those benefits after taking the meal or within a few days. But this healthy habit will surely help your body to perform well, especially that you are about to do some activities for the entire day. You do need energy to accomplish anything you have to complete all throughout the day unto the evening.
Some people do not take their breakfast regularly because of their busy schedule. They may be in a hurry so they tend to skip this meal in the morning. Well, it is not a good habit to do that. No one must ever skip their breakfast. To help you understand why, let’s read the list of advantages of eating breakfast below.
1. Breakfast is the first meal of the day that is why this is the most important to take as soon as you wake up. Eating a healthy breakfast can help your give energy and boost strength that you need to work for the next hours. A good example of a healthy meal for this early time is two slices of whole-wheat bread with a glass of milk. It can be also a bowl of oatmeal, cereals or various fruits.
2. Breakfast consumption can also enhance your metabolism. As you consume healthy foods every day, study shows that this can keep your metabolism works to a higher rate. But to ensure that you minimize calories or high sugar content in your body, avoid sugary foods as much as possible. Note that blood sugar level increases and it possibly remains high for a long time, and that is not good.
3. Eating breakfast can help your mind work more efficiently. There are some people who are office workers and students. They are more encouraged to not skip breakfast as the nutrients they get from eating works well for the brain. Breakfast helps boost memorization, better state of mind, and other healthy mental capabilities.
4. Breakfast actually makes you feel full too. It can make you feel less hungry, which is a good way to avoid eating too much or many. You would have a less chance of gaining weight in this case. Those who skip meal, especially in the morning, usually get to eat more as they become hungrier.
5. Taking meal in the morning can give you better nutrition. That is if your food is full of vitamins and minerals. You need that in every meal, anyway, so you can be free from diseases and infections. Doctors and nutrition experts recommend that adults need to eat at least 7 servings of vegetables and fruits, 6 servings of cereal and bread, 2 servings of dairy, and 2 servings of meat daily. So, the food in the morning should be cereal, bread or fruits. And the rest of those food categories can be taken at lunch and dinner.
6. Eating food for breakfast also stimulates good mood. This is also quite necessary to face the rest of the morning, and possibly until noon.
7. Foods at breakfast can lead to good posture. As breakfast can make you less hungry, it is more helpful for you to have a better posture. This is more possible if you make it a habit to drink milk. This beverage is not just for infants and children, right? A cup of tea or coffee with milk is also a nice beverage to drink.
8. A healthy breakfast can protect you from diabetes. As metabolism function properly, this reduces the risk of diabetes. That is why any food for breakfast but must not have high content in sugar, too.
Skipping breakfast is never an excuse, regardless of the reason is. There are more negative effects of not eating a meal, especially in the morning. But the advantages discussed above are not that familiar to most people, too. That is why it is helpful to be reminded of the benefits of breakfast. They should motivate us more to never skip not only breakfast, but even lunch or dinner. As a result, the body becomes healthier and energy level is increased in level.