Sometimes, it is daunting to think about going home after work because you know there are still a few things to do, especially if you have children. There is the need to do laundry, fold clothes, wash the dishes, help kids with their homeworks, etc. Do not forget that cooking for your family is one major thing that you need to do at home regardless of how tiring your day has been. Well, do not pout yet or feel too exhausted as there are quick meals you can easily make. Here are 6 delicious and certainly healthy recipes for your whole family.
Quick Recipe 1: Creamy Fettuccine #1
A delicious, family-friendly recipe is what Creamy Fettuccine is all about. It is a good food to eat that makes your children say yes.
1 pound white or green fettuccine (ready-made)
a few leaves of spinach (chopped into bits)
2 tablespoons of red and green bell pepper (minced)
1 clove of garlic (minced)
3 tablespoons onion (chopped)
1 cup of Parmesan cheese (grated)
1 cup of cream
3/4 cup of butter
1 tablespoon of salt
2 tablespoons of oil
1. In a low heat, melt half of butter and sauté garlic and onions until they are slightly cooked. Add spinach and stir then cover for a few minutes.
2. In a separate pot with water, cook the fettuccine. Add salt and oil and stir. Drain the pasta.
3. Add butter, cheese and cream to the mixture of spinach.
4. Toss the pasta to the mixture and stir lightly for 3 to 5 minutes before serving.
Quick Recipe 2: Creamy Fettuccine #2
You may also try this other recipe of vegetable pasta in fettuccine form. It is as delicious as the first recipe above, but more vegetables included.
1 pound fettuccine
1 or 2 cloves of garlic (minced)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 zucchini or summer squash (cubed)
1 pound asparagus (upper half of spears only, sliced into 1-inch pieces)
1/2 cup of carrot (diced)
1/2 cup of red and yellow bell pepper (diced)
2 tablespoons fresh parsley (chopped)
1/2 cup of chicken broth
2 tablespoons butter
3/4 cup of heavy cream
1 cup Parmesan cheese (grated)
2 and 1/4 teaspoons of salt
2 teaspoons oil
1. Boil the pasta with water mixed with 2 teaspoons salt and oil. Drain afterwards.
2. In a separate pan or skillet, melt butter in low heat. Add garlic and onion and stir for a few seconds. Add all vegetables, broth cubes and 1/4 teaspoon of salt. Cover for 3 minutes.
3. Pour cream into the mixture and bring to simmer while it is covered. Add more salt if necessary.
4. Add fettuccine into the cream mixture. Slightly stir for 3 to 5 minutes.
5. Sprinkle cheese and parsley, then serve.
Quick Recipe 3: Hawaiian Skillet Chicken
To have both meat and some vegetables, this Hawaiian Skillet Chicken is a good treat, especially during summer and spring seasons.
4 boneless and skinless chicken breasts (tenderloin removed and set aside)
1/2 cup of flour
2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
a pinch of salt
a pinch of powderized pepper
For Hawaiian sauce:
1 8-ounce can of pineapple chunks, juice included
1 tablespoon flour
1 tablespoon ginger (minced)
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 cup of brown sugar
3 tablespoons of soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1. Brush the chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
2. Coat both sides of the chicken breasts and tenderloins with flour.
3. In a skillet, pour oil in medium heat. Wait until the oil becomes hot. Add chicken and sauté into the skillet for 3 to 4 minutes. Flip until both sides are slightly brown. Remove from the skillet and set aside on a plate.
4. Pour the Hawaiian sauce ingredients in the skillet in medium heat. Stir for a minute or two. Add a tablespoon of flour. Continue heating and stirring.
5. Pour sauce over the chicken breasts. Serve with white or fried rice.
Quick Recipe 4: Teriyaki Delight
Another chicken recipe for easy cooking is Terriyaki.
8 boneless and skinless chicken thighs
sesame seeds (toasted)
scallion tops (sliced into strips, about 2 inches)
For the marinade:
1/4 cup ketchup
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1/4 cup hoisin sauce
2 tablespoons rice vinegar
2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
2 teaspoons garlic (minced)
2 teaspoons ginger (minced)
1. Trap chicken thighs in a zip lock bag mixed with the marinade sauce. Seal it and refrigerate it for at 4 to 5 hours.
2. Remove the chicken from the fridge and set aside for 20 minutes.
3. Prepare the griller and set to medium heat for 15 minutes.
4. Place the chicken in the griller and cook.
5. Cut the thighs into equal sizes diagonally.
6. Sprinkle sesame seeds over the thighs.
7. Prepare rice garnished with scallion. Place the sliced grilled thighs near the rice and serve.
Quick Recipe 5: Kebobs
An easy, quick meal that every child would like to taste is kebob!
1/2 pound lean pork or stew beef (sliced into cubes)
a pinch of salt
15 to 20 cherry tomatoes
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup honey
1. Mix or toss meat, tomatoes, honey and soy sauce in a bowl.
2. Skewer the meat and tomatoes. Pattern is optional.
3. Put kebobs on a baking sheet. Cover them with plastic wrap and refrigerate.
4. Grill the kebobs for several minutes, and serve with barbecue sauce or ketchup.
Quick Recipe 6: Meatballs
Meatballs are one of the favorite foods of kids. But they do not have to be topped over spaghetti. Just serve with rice or toasted bread.
1 pound ground beef or pork or turkey (or 1 pound each)
3 large eggs (beaten)
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese (grated)
1 10-ounce package of spinach (frozen, chopped, thawed, drained, and squeezed dry)
1/2 cup bread crumbs (fine or panko)
2 tablespoons dried Italian herb seasoning
2 teaspoons garlic powder
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Coat the baking sheets with cooking spray.
2. Mix all ingredients in a bowl with your bare hands. Make sure your hands are clean.
3. Make small rolls or balls of the meat mixture.
4. Place balls on the baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes. Serve afterwards with rice or toasted bread.
With these easy and quick to cook recipes, there is no more pouting and feeling heavy weight on your shoulder. They do not only taste so good but also healthy to serve to your kids.